Young women attend a Post-Graduate year at Purnell for the transformational experience of understanding their own learning styles, identifying their strengths, and engaging in leadership opportunities that will benefit them in college and beyond.
Each student's PG year will be designed to meet her individual needs. Purnell’s PG year is not a repetition of a student’s senior year; but rather a time to expand upon her previous academic work, prepare for college, and strive toward independence. Small, supportive class sizes and the attentive nature of our faculty create an environment that fosters willingness to take intellectual risks.
Young women who attend Purnell’s Post-Graduate Program include students:
- who have been accepted to college, but are not ready to attend
- who have not been accepted to college for academic reasons
- who have not determined their path or found their passion
- who have completed a certificate program, but have not received a formal high school diploma.
Internships & College Course Access
PG students also have the flexibility to pursue leadership opportunities and internships off campus. We are located near several colleges, including but not limited to:
- Centenary University
- Drew University
- Seton Hall University
- Morris County Community College
- Raritan Valley Community College
Our close proximity makes it easy to engage with a college level course curriculum. Under the supervision of her advisor, PG students can gain experience in apprenticeships or internships for academic credit.
365体育下注网站To learn more about Purnell’s Post-Graduate opportunities, please contact our Admissions Office.